People that Follow Cool

Thursday, April 19, 2012


Portable air conditioners--Landlord’s Secret Weapon
           

“I just can’t afford to make all my tenants happy during the summer”., jeff said..

I knew the scenario all too well, Jeff owned a 7 story older office building in downtown Indianapolis. As the summer approached Jeff was becoming more anxious as he waited for the first phone calls from tenants that were too hot with no way to fix it.



You see Jeff’s building was old, older building design didn’t allow for cooling. His last estimate on just a minimal HVAC makeover was close to 2 million dollars. That estimate didn’t include the possible asbestos...plus the mess, the time, etc. etc. He knew a complete makeover could easily bankrupt him.

His solution is what I call a the tenant control cooling solution. Jeff gives me a call late Spring and we deliver and set up and series of small portable air conditioners. Now the tenant has personal control over his own cooling systems. Want it cooler..?? Turn the thermostat down. Have extra people in the conference room..?? Bring in a unit and keep these extra visitors cool and efficient.

How does Jeff feel about it..? “

“Look, it’s a cost I’d rather not do but this option costs me less than 1% of doing a whole new system. And..my tenants are happy that they can control their own thermostat. If I keep them happy, they stay in my building.”

What about you.? Have some problem rooms or tenants that are constantly complaining about the heat.? Give them some control of their own. Never hurts to get an idea of the amount, size and budget for temporary cooling systems.

Call toll free 800.972.6600 or go to my local web site or email me joe.large@atlassales.com See if we might have your secret for satisifed tenants in my warehouse..right now. Call before you get those complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment